Apprentice Legal Support Assistant - Sleaford
An exciting opportunity has arisen at our friendly Sleaford office for an Apprentice Legal Support Assistant to join our hard working and committed support team.
Chattertons have achieved “Ones to Watch” status on our staff survey with the Sunday Times Best 100 Companies to Work, which means we have good levels of employee engagement and we are looking to increase engagement over the next year so we can improve our ranking even further.
The Apprentice Legal Support Assistant will work in conjunction with other members of the Document Production Team.
Although this is a support role, we are proud of our track record career progression at Chattertons and many members of our secretarial and support teams have progressed into more senior secretarial roles and fee earning roles.
Key Duties and Responsibilities of the Apprentice Legal Support Assistant will include:
- Collecting, opening and distributing the post.
- Delivering/collecting items by hand for/from other solicitors/nearby businesses.
- All photocopying required by the Document Production Team/Fee Earners.
- Filing and Scanning as directed.
- Franking outgoing mail ready for collection.
- Closing files using the standard office procedure.
- Providing cover on our reception when required.
- Ensure all photocopiers are stocked/supplied with paper.
- Check regularly and maintain stock levels of stationery advising the Receptionist when orders are required.
- When necessary providing cover for the Receptionist, taking client calls and greeting clients in reception.
- Organising refreshments for meetings;
- Project work including: developing and maintaining a data base of wills and deeds, locating, retrieving and filing from the system as required.
- Typing of information from manual documents or digital dictation and voice recognition upon direction of the team leader
- Carry out miscellaneous general office duties during the course of the day as reasonably requested and any other ad-hoc duties.
5 x GCSE Passes at grade C or above.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Previous experience within a Legal Practice or professional office environment.
Use of case management systems /databases.
Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Structured and organised.
Excellent communication skills.
Typing speeds of at least 50 WPM.
Proactive and organised.
Willing to be flexible to meet the needs of the business.
Smart and presentable.
Sense of humour.
Please email your CV and covering letter to the HR Department: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chattertons recognises that it is essential to provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination. The Company has an Equality and Diversity Policy and this sets out the Company’s position on equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is available upon request.