Charity Legal Assistant - Spalding
We are seeking a Charity Legal Assistant to join our Private Client team at the Spalding office.
The candidate will have regular contact with the Clerks, Administrators, Trustees and beneficiaries of the Charity and should be able to deal with enquiries and demands. They should have a confident and professional telephone manner alongside accurate and competent written skills.
Hours of Work: 10 hours per week
Salary: £18,850 per annum pro rata
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To perform all necessary typing/word-processing, accurately and to deadline.
- Maintain high levels of client and company confidentiality.
- Inputting data onto Xero accounting system.
- Taking minutes at meetings.
- Take telephone calls on behalf of the Clerks and Adminstrators, convey messages in a timely manner and deal with client enquiries, where possible.
- To arrange appointments as required.
- To keep work up-to-date adopting the oldest/most urgent first principle.
- To complete general administrative tasks such as filing, scanning and writing cheques.
- To ensure efficient information recorded on the appropriate file management system.
- To be flexible and work as a team member.
GCSE passes in English and Maths.
Secretarial qualification, equivalent experience or a Law Graduate.
Clear understanding of confidentially/Data Protection.
Proficient user of Microsoft Office.
Experience of SOS Connect.
Good knowledge of excel and using spreadsheets to record data
Excellent communications skills.
Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Structured and organised.
Excellent telephone manner.
Accurate and efficient.
Typing speeds of at least 50 WPM
Proactive and tactful.
Supporting and highly efficient.
Desire and ability to learn quickly in all areas of practice.
Positive attitude and enthusiastic.
Willing to be flexible with the demands of the Company.
Please email your CV and covering letter to the HR Department: email@example.com
Chattertons recognises that it is essential to provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination. The Company has an Equality and Diversity Policy and this sets out the Company’s position on equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is available upon request.