Commercial Property Paralegal - Boston
We are delighted to announce, that we are looking to recruit a confident, proactive and ambitious Commercial Property Paralegal to join our team at our Boston Office. This is an exciting opportunity and there are genuine opportunities to grow with Chattertons for the right candidate.
The ideal candidate will hold a degree in Law or equivalent professional work experience as training will be given, and have a real passion for commercial property work.
The successful candidate should have the ability to handle pressure and work to tight deadlines. They will be committed to providing excellent client care and satisfaction.
You will be involved in a broad range of matters to include, but not limited to, the following:-
- Client liaison and assisting with enquires;
- Leasehold and freehold acquisitions and disposals;
- Drafting and approving leases;
- Due diligence (enquiries and title investigation);
- Undertaking necessary searches;
- Agent liaison;
- Utility company easements and transfers;
- Auction packs;
- Exchange, completion and post completion related correspondence and formalities. (to include Stamp Duty Land Tax, Companies House and Land Registry Registrations);
- Ensuring that balances are clear and files are closed at the end of the matter.
In addition, you will work with the Department’s Marketing Policy to promote and enhance the good reputation and business of the company.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide an ongoing service to existing clients
- To work with Partners and other Fee Earners to develop new business
- Develop and enhance the Commercial Property Department, maximising cross referrals across all offices and areas of the business
- To produce fee income in line with targets and agreed objectives
- To keep informed of all changes in the Law and Practice in own area of work
- Maintain and enhance up to date legal skills
- Financial control with particular regard to cash flow control through collection of monies on account and billing procedures
- Maintaining accurate daily records of time spent on client and internal work
- Perform fee earning work accurately, reliably and in accordance with the company’s quality and risk procedures
Hours of Work: 09.00 – 17.15 – Monday to Friday (36.25 hours per week).
Salary: Depending on experience
Department: Commercial Property
Law Degree or equivalent work based experience.
Experience within Law Firm.
Experience within Commercial Property.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office
Knowledge of case management systems.
Solicitors Account Rules.
Clear understanding of Money Laundering Regulations.
Previous experience of Visual Files.
Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
Ability to work with confidence.
Strong planning and organisational skills.
Ability to work in a structured and process driven way.
Desire to provide a high quality service.
Ability to prioritise workloads and meet tight deadlines.
High level of integrity.
Positive and flexible approach.
Sense of Humour.
Hardworking and positive attitude.
Please email your CV and covering letter to the HR Department: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chattertons recognises that it is essential to provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination. The Company has an Equality and Diversity Policy and this sets out the Company’s position on equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is available upon request.