Contentious Probate Paralegal - Newark
We are looking to recruit a confident, proactive and organised Paralegal to join our Private Client department specialising in Contentious Probate at our Newark office. The Paralegal position will work closely with a highly experienced Associate Solicitor.
Hours of Work: 09.00 – 17.15 – Monday to Friday (36.25 hours per week).
The ideal candidate will hold a degree in Law, have a real passion for Private Client/Contentious Probate and a good level of knowledge/experience in this area. Strong research skills are paramount.
We consider this a growth area of the Company so the ideal candidate will be required to work with the companys Marketing Policy to promote and enhance the reputation and business of the Company.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide an ongoing service to existing clients;
- To develop new business;
- Develop and work with the Private Client Team;
- To work in conjunction with the Dispute Resolution Team;
- To produce fee income in line with targets and agreed objectives;
- To keep informed of all changes in the law and practice in own area of work:
- Maintain and enhance up to date legal skills;
- Financial control with particular regard to cash flow control through collection of monies on account and billing procedures;
- Perform work accurately, reliably and in accordance with the Companys quality and risk procedures;
Experience within a law firm
Experience within Private Client/Contentious Probate
Good computer literacy
Knowledge of case management systems
Solicitors Account Rules
Clear Understanding of Money Laundering Regulations
Ability to work with confidence.
Strong planning and organisational skills.
Knowledge of how to research complex legal matters
Excellent written and numeracy skills
Excellent communication skills
Excellent keyboard skills
Marketing and business development.
Presentation and public speaking skills.
Excellent communication skills.
Desire to provide a high quality service.
Ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines.
High level of integrity
Ability to create and nurture relationships with key clients at all levels.
Proactive and positive attitude.
Reacts well under pressure and able to work to strict deadlines
Hardworking, proactive and positive attitude.
Please email your CV and covering letter to the HR Department: email@example.com
Chattertons recognises that it is essential to provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination. The firm has an Equality and Diversity Policy and this sets out the Companys position on equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is available upon request.