Employment Solicitor / Legal Executive
We are seeking a confident, proactive Employment Solicitor or Legal Executive to be based at one of our offices but we can be flexible on location.
Hours of Work: 09.00 – 17.15 – Monday to Friday (36.25 hours per week).
Location: Flexible around our 9 offices
The Chattertons Employment law team is an ambitious and growing team, and have been ranked in the Legal 500 as a Tier 4 firm within the East Midlands.
The ideal candidate will have a real passion for Employment law and a good level of knowledge and/or experience in this area. Strong research, drafting and negotiating skills are paramount, as is an ability to approach problems in a commercially-minded way. Of particular importance for the role is a desire to undertake business development and marketing activity as there will be a strong emphasis on building up contacts in the local area of their office base and developing a new client base.
You will be a confident, proactive and structured individual with experience in a broad range of contentious and non-contentious employment work including:
- Advising employers/employees on a range of contentious and non-contentious matters including unfair dismissal claims, discrimination claims, TUPE transfers and corporate support work, business restructuring/redundancies, settlement agreements, company policies and procedures, dismissal and contractual issues.
- Excellent working knowledge of the Employment Tribunal rules, procedures and protocols.
- Experienced at undertaking full preparation for cases in the Employment Tribunal, ideally with experience of undertaking own advocacy.
- Preparing for and delivering seminars.
- Regularly attending local networking and business development events in order to build contacts within the local area.
- Drafting articles for marketing purposes and contributing to the Firm’s social media accounts to raise the profile of the firm and the Employment team.
In addition, you will work with the Company’s Marketing Policy to promote and enhance the reputation and business of the Company.
This is an ideal opportunity for an ambitious individual to work with autonomy to build their own thriving Employment law caseload, with excellent opportunities for progression.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain excellent levels of service for all clients.
- Develop new business, build and maintain a case load and promote the Employment Team.
- Build business contacts within the local area and actively market self, team and Chattertons, through a variety of BD activity.
- Produce fee income in line with targets and agreed objectives.
- Keep informed of all changes in the law and practice in own area of work.
- Maintain and enhance up to date legal skills.
- Take responsibility for financial control of own caseload, with particular regard to cash flow control through collection of monies on account and billing procedures.
- Perform work accurately, reliably and in accordance with the Company’s quality and risk procedures.
- Take an active role in the development of the Company and maximise cross referrals.
- Take account of diversity and equality in all aspects of role.
Broad range of experience within Employment law work (Claimant and Respondent)
Qualified Solicitor or Legal Executive
Excellent grasp of all aspects of Employment law.
Good computer literacy, including knowledge of case management systems.
Clear understanding of Money Laundering Regulations and Solicitors Account Rules.
Experience of running claims involving multiple Claimants and/or Respondents.
Ability to work largely independently with confidence, managing own caseload (with remote supervision).
Strong planning and organisational skills.
Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a focus on attention to detail.
Marketing and business development experience, ideally with experience of winning work through business development initiatives.
Experience of preparing and delivering training packages.
Ability to create and nurture relationships with key clients at all levels
Desire to provide a high quality service.
Ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines.
High level of integrity.
Commercial approach to the delivery of dispute resolution and employment law services.
Skilled negotiator and strong litigator.
Hardworking, proactive and positive attitude.
Flexible attitude and ability to attend marketing and business development events.
Knowledge of the local area, particularly someone who has built up business contacts within the area.
Please email your CV and covering letter to the HR Department: email@example.com
Chattertons recognises that it is essential to provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination. The Company has an Equality and Diversity Policy and this sets out the Company’s position on equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is available upon request.