Head of Residential Conveyancing
We are a leading "Top 200" Law Firm and provider or wealth management services, based in Lincolnshire and across the Midlands. Established in 1856, we are considered to be one of the oldest law firms in the UK.
We are a forward thinking, progressive and dynamic organisation. As part of our continuing growth plans, we are currently seeking to recruit a Head of Department for our Residential Conveyancing team.
Some of the great benefits that we offer are:
- Competitive Salary – dependent upon experience
- Generous holiday entitlements
- Flexible working
- Staff discount on legal fees
- Income protection
- Life assurance at 3 x salary
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
The candidate will be a Solicitor, Licenced Conveyancer or Conveyancing Legal Executive. They will be a confident, proactive and structured individual who will be experienced in a broad range of matters. In addition to managing their own caseload, they will manage the Residential Conveyancing Department. The department has over 20 Fee Earners across our 8 offices.
- To handling a personal caseload of domestic conveyancing and to provide backup for builder's conveyancing work when necessary.
- Ensuring the Department runs efficiently.
- Guiding and encouraging fee earners in their roles.
- Providing email and telephone support to fee earners at other offices.
- Promoting the department internally and externally.
- Ensuring the department complies with relevant regulations. Working with the Conveyancing Operations Manager on all issues relating to CQS and Lender panels.
- Ensuring all clients receive the best possible service and that members of the department provide correct and appropriate advice.
- Arranging regular team meetings.
- Facilitate the training of fee earners and where necessary work alongside the HR department to arranging external training, webinars etc.
- Liaising with Marketing Department re promotion and marketing of the department.
- Liaising with heads of other departments re cross referrals.
- Liaising with HR Director re staffing issues in the department.
Hours of Work: 09.00 – 17.15 hrs – Monday to Friday (36.25 hours per week)
Location: Flexible around all office locations
Salary: Dependent on experience
Solicitor, Licensed Conveyancer or Conveyancing Legal Executive.
Previous experience of Visual Files or a conveyancing case management system.
Good Knowledge of Residential Property Law and best practice.
Previous experience of managing a team.
Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to quickly establish and maintain good working relationships at all levels.
Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
Positive and flexible approach.
Sense of humour.
Present a credible and business-like approach.
Please email your CV and covering letter to the HR Department: email@example.com
Chattertons recognises that it is essential to provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination. The Company has an Equality and Diversity Policy and this sets out the Company’s position on equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is available upon request.