Legal Cashier - Lincoln
An exciting opportunity has arisen at our Lincoln office for a Legal Cashier to join our team.
Chattertons have achieved “Ones to Watch” status on our staff survey with the Sunday Times Best 100 Companies to Work, which means we have good levels of employee engagement and we are looking to increase engagement over the next year so we can improve our ranking even further.
A good, working understanding of the Solicitors Accounts Rules is essential but training in our systems will be provided. You will work with a small, friendly and busy team, who have a very strong team working and supportive ethic.
Key tasks and duties may include:
- Posting Client/Office accounts payments, client to office transfers.
- Using the firms banking software to post payments and receipts to include BACS/CHAPS.
- Dealing with bank reconciliations and petty cash.
- Ensuring compliance with the Solicitors' Accounts Rules.
- Posting daily banking for all offices.
- Handling general enquiries and resolving queries.
- Reconciling bank, petty cash and general ledgers.
- Issuing client and office cheques in accordance with Company procedure.
- Using on line banking facilities.
- Supplier Payments.
- General administration and housekeeping of files and ledgers.
- Checking and Posting Bills to client ledgers.
- Posting Land Registry Payments to client ledgers.
- Posting Conveyancing Searches to client ledgers.
Please note that there may be other ad hoc or ongoing duties to be fulfilled.
Hours of Work: 09.00 – 17.15 – Monday to Friday (36.25 hours per week).
Salary: Depending on Experience
Reports to: Finance Manager
Good academic background.
Good understanding of accounting procedures and compliance with Solicitors Accounts Rules in a legal practice.
Good computer literacy, including knowledge of case management systems.
SOS Practice Manager.
Ability to work with confidence, managing own workload, but willing to support the team where necessary and directed by the Accounts Supervisor.
Strong planning and organisational skills.
Clear understanding of Money Laundering Regulations and Solicitors Account Rules.
Excellent communication skills.
Essential to be able to work as part of a team
Desire to provide a high quality service.
Ability to multi task, maintain accuracy, prioritise workloads and meet deadlines.
Excellent written and numeracy skills.
Methodical approach to work.
Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
Willingness to learn and develop.
Proactive and positive attitude.
Reacts well under pressure and able to work to deadlines.
High level of integrity and empathy.
Hardworking, proactive and positive attitude.
Committed team player.
Sense of humour.
Please email your CV and covering letter to the HR Department: email@example.com
Chattertons recognises that it is essential to provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination. The Company has an Equality and Diversity Policy and this sets out the Company’s position on equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is available upon request.