Legal Support Assistant - Newark
We now have a vacancy at our Newark office for a Legal Support Assistant within our Document Production Team.
Hours of Work: 08.30 – 17.15 – Monday to Friday (36.25 hours per week).
Salary: National Minimum Wage
Although this is a support role, we are proud of our track record of allowing secretarial and support team members to progress into more senior secretarial roles and fee earning roles.
Chattertons have achieved “Ones to Watch” status on our first ever staff survey with the Sunday Times Best 100 Companies to Work, which means we have good levels of employee engagement and we are looking to increase engagement over the next year so we can improve our ranking even further.
Key Duties and Responsibilities of the Legal Support Assistant:
- Organising refreshments for meetings;
- Collect, open, scan and distribute Royal Mail post.
- Deliver/collect items by hand for/from other solicitors/nearby businesses.
- All photocopying required by the Document Production Team/Fee Earners.
- Filing and Scanning as directed by the Team Leader.
- Frank outgoing mail ready for collection.
- Close files using the standard office procedure.
- Provide cover on reception as directed by the Team Leader.
- Carry out miscellaneous general office duties during the course of the day as reasonably requested.
- Ensure all photocopiers are stocked/supplied with paper.
- Check regularly and maintain stock levels of stationery advising the Senior Administration Assistant when orders are required.
- Project work including: developing and maintaining a data base of wills and deeds, locating, retrieving and filing from the system as required.
- Typing of information from manual documents or digital dictation and voice recognition as directed by the Team Leader.
- Answering calls;
- Greeting clients;
- Any other ad-hoc duties.
5 x GCSE Passes at grade C or above.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Previous experience within a Legal Practice.
Use of case management systems.
Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Structured and organised.
Excellent communication skills.
Able to touch type.
Proactive and organised.
Willing to be flexible to meet the needs of the business.
Please email your CV and covering letter to the HR Department: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chattertons recognises that it is essential to provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination. The Company has an Equality and Diversity Policy and this sets out the Company’s position on equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is available upon request.