Legal Support Assistant - Stamford
Due to continued expansion we have a vacancy at our Stamford office for a Legal Support Assistant within our Document Production Team.
Although this is a support role, we are proud of our track record of allowing secretarial and support team members to progress into more senior secretarial roles and fee earning roles.
The ideal candidate will be a positive, friendly and enthusiastic individual with good attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities of the Legal Support Assistant:
- Scanning of daily incoming post and photocopying as directed by the Team Leader/Partner in Charge.
- Closing files using the standard office procedure.
- Carry out miscellaneous general office duties during the course of the day as reasonably requested.
- Ensure all photocopiers are stocked/supplied with paper.
- Check regularly and maintain stock levels of stationery.
- Project work including: ensuring our wills, deeds and file storage is maintained and kept tidy and in order and retrieving wills, deeds and files as required.
- Typing of information from manual documents or digital dictation and voice recognition as directed by the Team Leader/Partner in Charge.
- Any other ad-hoc duties.
- Generally assist reception staff as required:
- In providing reception cover as necessary including providing holiday cover,
- in organising refreshments for meetings,
- in collecting, opening and distributing Royal Mail post,
- In delivering/collecting by hand for/from other solicitors/nearby businesses,
- In franking outgoing mail,
- Answering calls
- Greeting clients
Hours of Work: 09.00 – 17.15 – Monday to Friday (36.25 hours per week).
Salary: National Minimum/Living Wage
5 x GCSE Passes at grade C or above.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Previous experience within a Legal Practice.
Use of case management systems.
Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Structured and organised.
Excellent communication skills.
Able to touch type.
Proactive and organised.
Willing to be flexible to meet the needs of the business.
Please email your CV and covering letter to the HR Department: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chattertons recognises that it is essential to provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination. The Company has an Equality and Diversity Policy and this sets out the Company’s position on equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is available upon request.