Legal Support Assistant - Stamford
We are a leading "Top 200" Law Firm and provider of wealth management services, based in Lincolnshire and across the Midlands. Established in 1856, we are considered to be one of the oldest law firms in the UK.
We are a forward thinking, progressive and dynamic organisation. As part of our continuing growth plans, we are currently seeking to recruit a Legal Support Assistant to join our Document Production Team.
Some of the great benefits that we offer are:
- Generous holiday entitlements
- Staff discount on legal fees
- Income protection
- Life assurance at 3 x salary
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
The ideal candidate will be a positive, friendly and enthusiastic individual with good attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities of the Legal Support Assistant:
- Scanning of daily incoming post and photocopying as directed by the Team Leader.
- Closing files using the standard office procedure.
- Carry out miscellaneous general office duties during the course of the day as reasonably requested.
- Ensure all photocopiers are stocked/supplied with paper.
- Check regularly and maintain stock levels of stationery.
- Project work including: ensuring our wills, deeds and file storage is maintained and kept tidy and in order and retrieving wills, deeds and files as required.
- Typing of information from manual documents or digital dictation and voice recognition as directed by the Team Leader.
- Any other ad-hoc duties.
- Generally assist reception staff as required:
- In providing reception cover as necessary including providing holiday cover,
- in organising refreshments for meetings,
- in collecting, opening and distributing Royal Mail post,
- In delivering/collecting by hand for/from other solicitors/nearby businesses,
- In franking outgoing mail,
- Answering calls
- Greeting clients
Hours of Work: 8.30 am – 5.15 pm Monday – Friday (38.75 hours per week)
Salary: National Minimum/Living Wage
5 x GCSE Passes at grade C or above.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Previous experience within a Legal Practice.
Use of case management systems.
Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Structured and organised.
Excellent communication skills.
Able to touch type.
Proactive and organised.
Willing to be flexible to meet the needs of the business.
Please email your CV and covering letter to the HR Department: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chattertons recognises that it is essential to provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination. The firm has an Equality and Diversity Policy and this sets out the firm’s position on equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is available upon request.