Paralegal Residential Conveyancing - Grantham
We are delighted to announce, that we are looking to recruit a confident, proactive and ambitious Residential Conveyancing Paralegal to join our growing team in our Grantham Office.
The role will involve assisting with and undertaking routine domestic and other conveyancing work. The successful candidate should have the ability to handle pressure and work to tight deadlines. They will be committed to providing excellent client care and satisfaction.
You will be a highly structured individual who has a clear understanding of the Residential Conveyancing process and you will be involved in a broad range of matters to include, but not limited to, the following:-
- To support existing fee earners with a caseload of conveyancing matters and to provide backup for domestic and other conveyancing work;
- Provision of quotations;
- Undertaking necessary searches;
- Estate Agent liaison;
- Production of standard contract documentation;
- Assisting with enquiries;
- Exchange, completion and post completion related correspondence and formalities. (to include Stamp Duty Land Tax, Companies House and Land Registry Registrations);
- File Closures.
In addition, you will work with the Department’s Marketing Policy to promote and enhance the good reputation and business of the firm.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide an ongoing service to existing clients;
- To work with Partners and other Fee Earners to develop new business;
- Develop and enhance the Conveyancing Department, maximising cross referrals across all offices and areas of the business;
- To produce fee income in line with targets and agreed objectives;
- To keep informed of all changes in the Law and Practice in own area of work;
- Maintain and enhance up to date legal skills;
- Financial control with particular regard to cash flow control through collection of monies on account and billing procedures;
- Maintaining accurate daily records of time spent on client and internal work;
- Perform fee earning work accurately, reliably and in accordance with the firms’ quality and risk procedures.
Experienced Conveyancing Secretary/Paralegal.
Understanding of Conveyancing procedures.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office
Knowledge of case management systems
Solicitors Account Rules
Clear understanding of Money Laundering Regulations
Previous experience of Visual Files.
Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
Strong planning and organisational skills.
Ability to work in a structured and process driven way.
Desire to provide a high quality service.
Ability to prioritise workloads and meet tight deadlines.
High level of integrity.
Positive and flexible approach.
Sense of Humour.
Hardworking and positive attitude.
Please email your CV and covering letter to the HR Department: email@example.com
Chattertons recognises that it is essential to provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination. The firm has an Equal Opportunities Policy and this sets out the firm’s position on equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is available upon request.