Paralegal/Solicitor/Legal Executive - Private Client / Court of Protection - Flexible
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Paralegal/Solicitor/Legal Executive to join our Court of Protection team within the Private Client Department based in one of our eight offices. The role will be a fee earning position and will involve assisting with and undertaking routine Court of Protection work.
The ideal candidate will have experience within a legal setting dealing with Court of Protection matters. They should have a real passion for Private Client work and a good level of knowledge and /or experience in this area.
You will be a confident, proactive and structured individual and you will be responsible for:-
- File opening administration;
- Dealing with initial enquiries;
- Sending routine correspondence;
- Visiting clients and liaising with relevant Deputy, Attorney or Representative as appropriate.
- Completing deputyship applications;
- Dealing with the general management of the clients personal affairs;
- Liaising with care homes / family members;
- Data inputting i.e. bank statements and ensuring records are kept up-to-date;
- File Closures.
You will need to have a full driving licence and the use of a vehicle (as and when required), as appointments out of the office are an important part of the role.
In addition, you will work with the Company’s Marketing Team to promote and enhance the good reputation and business of the Company.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide an ongoing service to existing clients.
- To work with Partners and other Fee Earners to develop new business.
- Develop and enhance the Private Client Departments, maximising cross referrals across all offices and areas of the business.
- To produce fee income in line with targets and agreed objectives.
- To keep informed of all changes in the Law and Practice in own area of work.
- Maintain and enhance up to date legal skills.
- Financial control with particular regard to cash flow control through collection of monies on account and billing procedures.
- Maintaining accurate daily records of time spent on client and internal work.
- Perform fee earning work accurately, reliably and in accordance with the Company’s quality and risk procedures.
- Liaising with care homes and keeping accurate records.
- Keeping financial records and checking bank statements.
- Updating weekly registers.
- Assisting with Annual Reports.
Hours of Work: Full or Part Time considered (full time hours Monday – Friday – 9am – 5.15pm)
Location: Flexible around our 8 office locations
Salary: Depends on Experience
Fully IT literate.
Word processing skills.
Clear understanding of confidentially/Data Protection.
Law Degree, or relevant legal experience.
Previous experience of Private Client workload.
Previous experience of SOS Connect.
Previous experience within a legal setting.
Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Structured and highly organised.
Excellent telephone manner.
Proactive and tactful.
Supportive and highly efficient.
Caring and compassionate.
Willing to be flexible with the needs of the company.
Sense of humour.
Please email your CV and covering letter to the HR Department: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chattertons recognises that it is essential to provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination. The firm has an Equality and Diversity Policy and this sets out the firm’s position on equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is available upon request.