Receptionist - Stamford
We are seeking a Reception Assistant to join our friendly team in Stamford.
Chattertons have achieved “Ones to Watch” status on our staff survey with the Sunday Times Best 100 Companies to Work, which means we have good levels of employee engagement and we are looking to increase engagement over the next year so we can improve our ranking even further.
The Reception Assistant will provide first point of contact to all clients visiting the office and will be based in reception. They will be responsible for ensuring fee earners are told when clients have arrived for appointments and will ensure accurate messages are taken and information conveyed without delay.
The Reception Assistant will form part of the document production team undertaking block typing through manual transcription, digital dictation and voice recognition and assist with filing across the business.
Key Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Provide outstanding levels of client service to clients attending the office or calling in.
- Ensure clients are provided with refreshments.
- Maintain a clean and tidy reception area.
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing mail.
- Closing files in accordance with procedures.
- Maintaining the office archive system.
- Maintaining petty cash and ensuring payment of authorised expenses, entering information on the accounts database, raising cheques, daily banking duties.
- Initial responsibility for health and safety, accident reporting and First Aid matters as per the Health and Safety policy.
- Maintain high levels of client and company confidentiality.
- Take telephone calls on behalf of all staff and convey messages in a timely manner.
- To arrange appointments as required.
- To ensure appropriate information is recorded on the appropriate file management system.
- Create and maintain accurate records.
- Store and retrieve Wills and Deeds as requested and maintain company’s database for the same.
- Transcribe information from manual document or audio.
- To perform all necessary typing/word-processing, accurately and to deadline within the pool environment across all areas of the law.
- To keep work up-to-date – adopting the oldest/most urgent first principle.
- Work as a team member.
Hours of Work: 8.30 am – 5.15 pm Monday to Friday with one hour for lunch (38.75 hours per week)
Salary: £20,088.11 per annum.
Clear understanding of confidentiality/Data Protection.
Previous experience using telephone systems/switchboards.
Experience of SOS Connect.
Experience of using Legal Data Base systems.
Secretarial qualification or equivalent experience.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office and excel.
Experience and knowledge across different areas of the law.
Previous experience within a Legal Practice.
Outstanding client service skills.
Excellent communications skills.
Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Structured and organised.
Typing speeds of at least 50 WPM
Proactive and tactful.
Supporting and highly efficient.
Willing to be flexible with the demands of the Company.
Good Sense of Humour
Please email your CV and covering letter to the HR Department: email@example.com
Chattertons recognises that it is essential to provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination. The Company has an Equality and Diversity Policy and this sets out the Company’s position on equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is available upon request.