Residential Conveyancer - Newark
We are delighted to announce that we have a vacancy for a Residential Conveyancer.
Chattertons have achieved “Ones to Watch” status on our staff survey with the Sunday Times Best 100 Companies to Work, which means we have good levels of employee engagement and we are looking to increase engagement over the next year so we can improve our ranking even further.
The role will involve undertaking domestic and other conveyancing work. The successful candidate should have experience of handling a full caseload of residential conveyancing, have the ability to handle pressure and work to tight deadlines. They will be committed to providing excellent client care and satisfaction.
They will be a highly structured individual who has a clear understanding of the Residential Conveyancing process and will be involved in a broad range of matters to include, but not limited to, the following :-
- Picking up and developing a full caseload of Residential Conveyancing;
- Proven ability to generate work and convert quotations;
- Preparing and undertaking necessary searches;
- Client and Builder (where necessary) liaison;
- Ensuring that Estate Agents are regularly updated and work to build good relations with local agents;
- Production of standard contract documentation;
- Seek opportunities to cross refer clients to other departments within Chattertons;
- Dealing with all enquiries;
- Dealing with exchange, completion and post completion related correspondence and formalities (this will include Stamp Duty Land Tax, Companies House and ensuring that all balances are clear before the file is closed.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To generate new work and provide an ongoing service to existing clients;
- Develop and enhance the Conveyancing Department, maximising cross referrals across all offices and areas of the business;
- To produce fee income in line with targets and agreed objectives;
- To keep informed of all changes in the Law and Practice in own area of work
- Maintain and enhance up to date legal skills.
- Use the Company systems properly and follow workflows within the case management system.
- Financial control with particular regard to cash flow control through collection of monies on account and billing procedures.
- Maintaining accurate daily records of time spent on client and internal work.
- Perform fee earning work accurately, reliably and in accordance with the company's quality and risk procedures.
Previous experience of Visual Files.
Legal Executive or Solicitor.
Good understanding of the conveyancing process.
Good computer literacy, including knowledge of case management systems.
Previous experience of managing a busy residential caseload.
Ability to work with confidence, managing own caseload.
Strong planning and organisational skills.
Clear understanding of Money Laundering Regulations and Solicitors Account Rules.
Excellent communication skills.
Essential to be able to work as part of a team.
Desire to provide a high quality service.
Ability to multi task, maintain accuracy, prioritise workloads and meet deadlines.
Excellent written and numeracy skills.
Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
Proactive and positive attitude.
Reacts well under pressure and able to work to deadlines.
High level of integrity and empathy.
Sense of humour.
Willing to be flexible to meeting the needs and demands of the Company.
Please email your CV and covering letter to the HR Department: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chattertons recognises that it is essential to provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination. The Company has an Equality and Diversity Policy and this sets out the Company’s position on equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is available upon request.