Senior Legal Assistant Commercial Property and Agriculture - Stamford
We are seeking a Senior Legal Assistant to join our team in Stamford.
Whilst the Senior Legal Assistant will form part of the document production team, they will be assigned to the Commercial Property and Agriculture Department. They will be required to undertake more complex work for the department and will use both digital and speech recognition.
Although this is a support role, we are proud of our track record of allowing senior secretarial and support team members to progress into fee earning roles, as such, this position could be a stepping stone to a fee earning role.
The Senior Legal Assistant will be required to work closely with the other Senior Legal Assistants within the team and provide cover as necessary.
They will be supported by the document production team, who produce letters and documents through manual transcription, digital dictation and voice recognition.
They will have client contact and should be able to deal with client enquiries in the first instance, therefore need to keep themselves up-to-date with matters in their area(s).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To perform all necessary typing/word-processing, accurately and to deadline within the Stamford office.
- Whilst the Senior Legal Assistant will support the Commercial Property Department, they will be expected to undertake work across all areas of the company and provide cover to other Senior Legal Assistants as directed by the Team Leader.
- Maintain high levels of client and company confidentiality.
- Transcribe information from manual documents or audio.
- Provide support to other offices where capacity allows as directed by the Team Leader.
- Take telephone calls on behalf of the fee earners and convey messages in a timely manner.
- To arrange appointments as required.
- To keep work up-to-date – adopting the oldest/most urgent first principle.
- To ensure efficient information recorded on the appropriate file management system.
- Create and maintain accurate records.
- To be flexible and work as a team member.
Secretarial qualification, equivalent experience or a Law Graduate.
Clear understanding of confidentiality/Data Protection.
Proficient user of Microsoft Office.
Understanding of Commercial Property work.
Typing speeds of at least 50 WPM
Proactive and tactful.
Supporting and highly efficient.
Please email your CV and covering letter to the HR Department: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chattertons recognises that it is essential to provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination. The Company has an Equality and Diversity Policy and this sets out the Company’s position on equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is available upon request.