Senior Legal Assistant Commercial Property - Stamford
We are seeking a Senior Legal Assistant to join our team in Stamford.
Whilst the Senior Legal Assistant will form part of the document production team, they will be assigned to the Commercial Property Department to support the Commercial Property Fee Earners.
The Senior Legal Assistant will be required to work closely with the other Senior Legal Assistants within the team and provide cover as necessary.
They will be supported by the document production team, who produce letters and documents through manual transcription, digital dictation and voice recognition.
They will have client contact and should be able to deal with client enquiries in the first instance, therefore need to keep themselves up-to-date with matters in their area(s).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To perform all necessary typing/word-processing, accurately and to deadline.
- Maintain high levels of client and company confidentiality.
- Transcribe information from manual documents or audio.
- Deal primarily with opening new files, scanning/photocopying, ordering legal searches, SDLT and Land Registry applications, closing files and general administration/preparing letters etc.
- Provide support (virtually) to other offices where capacity allows as directed.
- Take telephone calls on behalf of the fee earners and convey messages in a timely manner.
- To arrange appointments as required.
- To keep work up-to-date adopting the oldest/most urgent first principle.
- To ensure efficient information recorded on the appropriate file management system.
- Create and maintain accurate records.
- To be flexible and work as a team member.
- To provide Reception cover as and when required.
Secretarial qualification and/or equivalent experience.
Clear understanding of confidentially/Data Protection.
Proficient user of Microsoft Office.
Experience of Visualfiles and SOS Connect.
Experience and knowledge of Commercial Property and across different areas of the law.
Excellent communications skills.
Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Structured and organised.
Excellent telephone manner.
Accurate and efficient.
Typing speeds of at least 50 WPM
Proactive and tactful.
Supporting and highly efficient.
Desire and ability to learn quickly and willing to deal with other areas of practice as required.
Positive attitude and enthusiastic.
Willing to be flexible with the demands of the Company.
Please email your CV and covering letter to the HR Department: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chattertons recognises that it is essential to provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination. The Company has an Equality and Diversity Policy and this sets out the Company’s position on equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is available upon request.