Senior Legal Assistant - Lincoln
We are a leading "Top 200" Law Firm and provider of wealth management services, based in Lincolnshire and across the Midlands. Established in 1856, we are considered to be one of the oldest law firms in the UK.
We are a forward thinking, progressive and dynamic organisation. As part of our continuing growth plans, we are currently seeking to recruit a Senior Legal Assistant, based at our Lincoln office.
Some of the great benefits that we offer are:
- Competitive Salary – dependent upon experience
- Generous holiday entitlements
- Flexible working
- Staff discount on legal fees
- Income protection
- Life assurance at 3 x salary
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
The Senior Legal Assistant will be required to work closely with the other Senior Legal Assistants within the team and provide cover as necessary.
They will be supported by the document production team, who produce letters and documents through manual transcription, digital dictation and voice recognition.
They will have client contact and should be able to deal with client enquiries in the first instance, therefore need to keep themselves up-to-date with matters in their area(s).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To perform all necessary typing/word-processing, accurately and to deadline.
- They will be expected to undertake work across all areas of the company and provide cover to other Senior Legal Assistants as directed by the Team Leader.
- Maintain high levels of client and company confidentiality.
- Transcribe information from manual documents or audio.
- Provide support to other offices where capacity allows as directed by the Team Leader.
- Take telephone calls on behalf of the fee earners and convey messages in a timely manner.
- To arrange appointments as required.
- To keep work up-to-date adopting the oldest/most urgent first principle.
- To ensure efficient information recorded on the appropriate file management system.
- Create and maintain accurate records.
- To be flexible and work as a team member.
- To provide Reception cover as and when required.
Hours of Work: 9.00 am – 5.15 pm Monday to Friday
Salary: £21,500 per annum
Secretarial qualification, equivalent experience or a Law Graduate.
Clear understanding of confidentially/Data Protection.
Proficient user of Microsoft Office.
Experience of SOS Connect.
Experience and knowledge across different areas of the law.
Excellent communications skills.
Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Structured and organised.
Excellent telephone manner.
Accurate and efficient.
Typing speeds of at least 50 WPM
Proactive and tactful.
Supporting and highly efficient.
Desire and ability to learn quickly in all areas of practice including Family / Personal Injury / Residential Conveyancing / Commercial Property/ Private Client / Employment Law / Litigation and Corporate Law.
Positive attitude and enthusiastic.
Willing to be flexible with the demands of the Company.
Please email your CV and covering letter to the HR Department: email@example.com
Chattertons recognises that it is essential to provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination. The Company has an Equality and Diversity Policy and this sets out the Company’s position on equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is available upon request.