Senior Legal Assistant - Newark
We are seeking a Senior Legal Assistant to join our team.
Although this is a support role, we are proud of our track record of allowing senior secretarial and support team members to progress into fee earning roles, as such, this position could be a steppingstone to a fee earning role.
The Senior Legal Assistant will be required to work closely with the other Senior Legal Assistants within the team and provide cover as necessary.
They will be supported by the document production team, who produce letters and documents through manual transcription, digital dictation, and voice recognition.
They will have client contact and should be able to deal with client enquiries in the first instance, therefore need to keep themselves up to date with matters in their area(s).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To perform all necessary typing/word-processing, accurately and to deadline.
- They will be expected to undertake work across all areas of the company and provide cover to other Senior Legal Assistants as directed by the Team Leader.
- Maintain high levels of client and company confidentiality.
- Transcribe information from manual documents or audio.
- Provide support to other offices where capacity allows as directed by the Team Leader.
- Take telephone calls on behalf of the fee earners and convey messages in a timely manner.
- To arrange appointments as required.
- To keep work up to date adopting the oldest/most urgent first principle.
- To ensure efficient information recorded on the appropriate file management system.
- Create and maintain accurate records.
- To be flexible and work as a team member.
- To provide Reception cover as and when required.
Secretarial qualification, equivalent experience, or a Law Graduate.
Clear understanding of confidentiality/Data Protection.
Proficient user of Microsoft Office.
Experience of SOS Connect.
Experience and knowledge across different areas of the law.
Excellent communications skills.
Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Structured and organised.
Excellent telephone manner.
Accurate and efficient.
Typing speeds of at least 50 WPM
Proactive and tactful.
Supporting and highly efficient.
Desire and ability to learn quickly in all areas of practice including Family / Personal Injury / Residential Conveyancing / Commercial Property/ Private Client / Employment Law / Litigation and Corporate Law.
Positive attitude and enthusiastic.
Willing to be flexible with the demands of the Company.
Full driving licence and access to a car.
Please email your CV and covering letter to the HR Department: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chattertons recognises that it is essential to provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination. The Company has an Equality and Diversity Policy and this sets out the Company’s position on equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is available upon request.