Senior Legal Assistant Residential Conveyancing - Stamford
Whilst the Senior Legal Assistant will form part of the document production team, they will be assigned to the Residential Conveyancing Department to support. They will be required to undertake more complex work for the Residential Conveyancing Department.
Although this is a support role, we are proud of our track record of allowing senior secretarial and support team members to progress into fee earning roles, as such, this position could be a stepping stone to a fee earning role.
The Senior Legal Assistant will be required to work closely with the other Senior Legal Assistants within the team and provide cover as necessary.
They will be supported by the document production team, who produce letters and documents through manual transcription, digital dictation and voice recognition.
They will have client contact and should be able to deal with client enquiries in the first instance, therefore need to keep themselves up-to-date with matters in their area(s).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To perform all necessary typing/word-processing, accurately and to deadline.
- Whilst they will support the Residential Conveyancing Department, they will be expected to undertake work across all areas of the company and provide cover to other Senior Legal Assistants as directed.
- Maintain high levels of client and company confidentiality.
- Transcribe information from manual documents or audio.
- Provide support to other offices where capacity allows as directed.
- Take telephone calls on behalf of the fee earners and convey messages in a timely manner.
- To arrange appointments as required.
- To keep work up-to-date adopting the oldest/most urgent first principle.
- To ensure efficient information recorded on the appropriate file management system.
- Create and maintain accurate records.
- To be flexible and work as a team member.
- To provide Reception cover as and when required.
Hours of Work: 09.00 – 17.15 – Monday to Friday (36.25 hours per week).
Salary: £18,848.80 per annum.
Department: Residential Conveyancing
Reports to: Partner in charge
Please email your CV and covering letter to the HR Department: email@example.com
Chattertons recognises that it is essential to provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination. The Company has an Equality and Diversity Policy and this sets out the Company’s position on equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is available upon request.