Trainee Paralegal - Newark
We are delighted to announce we have a vacancy at our Newark office within our Residential Conveyancing team for a Trainee Paralegal. The role will involve undertaking routine domestic and other conveyancing work.
You will be a confident, proactive and structured individual who will be willing to learn and develop their experience in a broad range of matters to include, but not limited to, the following:-
- To support existing fee earners with a caseload of conveyancing matters and to provide backup for domestic and other conveyancing work;
- Provision of quotations;
- Undertaking necessary searches;
- Estate Agent liaison;
- Production of standard contract documentation;
- Assisting with enquiries;
- Exchange, completion and post completion related correspondence and formalities. (to include Stamp Duty Land Tax, Companies House and Land Registry Registrations);
- File Closures;
In addition, you will work with the Department’s Marketing Policy to promote and enhance the good reputation and business of the firm.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide an ongoing service to existing clients;
- To work with Partners and other Fee Earners to develop new business;
- Develop and enhance the Conveyancing Department, maximising cross referrals across all offices and areas of the business;
- To produce fee income in line with targets and agreed objectives;
- To keep informed of all changes in the Law and Practice in own area of work;
- Maintain and enhance up to date legal skills;
- Financial control with particular regard to cash flow control through collection of monies on account and billing procedures;
- Maintaining accurate daily records of time spent on client and internal work;
- Perform fee earning work accurately, reliably and in accordance with the firms’ quality and risk procedures.
Hours of Work: 09.00 – 17.15 – Monday to Friday (36.25 hours per week).
Salary: Depending upon Experience
Experienced Conveyancing Secretary/Paralegal.
Previous experience of Visual Files.
Understanding of Conveyancing procedures.
Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
Positive and flexible approach;
Sense of Humour;
Able to stay calm under pressure.
Please email your CV and covering letter to the HR Department: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chattertons recognises that it is essential to provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination. The Company has an Equality and Diversity Policy and this sets out the Company’s position on equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is available upon request.