Trainee Paralegal/Paralegal Private Client - Lincoln
We have an excellent opportunity to join our Private Client team, to be based at our Lincoln office.
Chattertons have achieved “Ones to Watch” status following our staff survey with the Sunday Times Best 100 Companies to Work, which means we have good levels of employee engagement and we are looking to increase engagement over the next year so we can improve our ranking even further.
The ideal candidate will have a real passion for Private Client work and a good level of knowledge and/or experience in this area. Strong research skills are essential.
You will be a confident, proactive and structured individual who will become involved in a broad range of matters including:-
- Preparation of Wills;
- Preparation of Lasting Powers of Attorney to include registration of EPAs and LPAs;
- File opening administration;
- Estate Administration including visiting properties;
- Trust Administration;
- Dealing with initial enquiries;
- File Closures.
In addition, you will work with the Company’s Marketing Team to promote and enhance the good reputation and business of the Company.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide an ongoing service to existing clients.
- To work with Partners and other Fee Earners to develop new business.
- Develop and enhance the Private Client Departments, maximising cross referrals across all offices and areas of the business.
- To produce fee income in line with targets and agreed objectives.
- To keep informed of all changes in the Law and Practice in own area of work.
- Maintain and enhance up to date legal skills.
- Financial control with particular regard to cash flow control through collection of monies on account and billing procedures.
- Maintaining accurate daily records of time spent on client and internal work.
- Perform fee earning work accurately, reliably and in accordance with the Company’s quality and risk procedures.
- Maintain and record the appropriate information in the wills and deeds store.
Fully IT literate.
Word processing skills.
Clear understanding of confidentiality/Data Protection.
Previous experience of SOS Connect.
Previous experience within a legal setting.
Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Structured and organised.
Excellent telephone manner.
Proactive and tactful.
Supporting and highly efficient.
Willing to be flexible with the demands of the company.
Please email your CV and covering letter to the HR Department: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chattertons recognises that it is essential to provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination. The Company has an Equality and Diversity Policy and this sets out the Company’s position on equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is available upon request.