Sponsor Licences

Employers Tier 2 & Tier 5 Licences

In order to hire foreign workers who are not British, EEA nationals or otherwise settled in the UK, businesses must ensure that they have a sponsor licence in place. This licence gives you access to the international workforce and all the varied skills, practices and specialist techniques that the world has to offer.

Our team can assist your business with weighing up the pro’s and con’s of obtaining or retaining a sponsor licence. There is a great deal of responsibility that comes with being a sponsor but this also creates a wealth of opportunity for the growth of your business. We see sponsor licenses as being a fantastic asset for any business that looks to hire the specialists in their industry.

There are different types of sponsor licenses available depending on who you wish to recruit and how compliant you are with Home Office procedure. The main decision you as an employer will need to make is whether you wish to hire Tier 2 or Tier 5 workers.  We can help you navigate through the mire of information available online to find out what type of licence would be best for your business.

Educators Tier 4 Licences

The system of sponsorship also applies to higher and further education institutions who seek to enrol international students on their rolls. It is fairly standard procedure for Universities to have Tier 4 licenses in place for this purpose.

For those who already have a sponsor licence in place, it is important to continually keep this under review to ensure that recruitment processes are compliant with the Home Office rules and that sponsor duties are not being breached.