Area of Expertise: Drafting and negotiation of section 106, highway and infrastructure agreements. Planning applications, appeals, judicial reviews and public inquiries for major housing, retail and renewable energy schemes. Planning enforcement, compulsory purchase and compensation issues, permitted development rights, community infrastructure levy and certificates of lawful use and development.
Charlotte specialises in assisting a wide range of clients to navigate the planning system to achieve their development goals, including national house builders, private developers, local authorities and landowners.
Recent experience includes advising:
- In respect of a complex 106 Agreement with multiple obligations to support a planning appeal relating to a proposed large scale residential development scheme of up to 1500 houses, including attending the public inquiry to present on 106 matters.
- On appeal against refusal by a local planning authority of permission for a commercial business park, including 48,000sqms of new employment space on land allocated within the emerging local plan;
- A local authority in respect of a major regeneration scheme of a market town backed by a major retailer. The scheme involved the compulsory acquisition of large areas of land to provide for the regeneration of the town, provision of a new link road and new retail space;
- Commercial clients in respect of planning issues on the disposal and purchase of property, including advising on changes of use, the application and extent of permitted development rights and office to residential schemes.
- With regards to Appeals against the refusal of an application for a Certificate of Lawful Use in relation to the change of use of agricultural land to domestic garden and Appeals against Enforcement Notices issued in respect of alleged breaches of planning control relating to the use of residential dwellings as Houses in Multiple Occupation.
Supervisor: Jonathan Blythe
- Qualified as a solicitor in 2010;
- Law LLB(Hons)
- Legal Practice Course Nottingham Law School
- Joined Chattertons in July 2021