Area of Expertise:
- All aspects of Contentious Probate work and Contentious Court of Protection work
- Claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
- Disputes regarding the validity of Wills because of lack of capacity of the deceased, undue influence, forgery, fraud or a failure to observe the required formalities when executing a Will
- Applications to the Court to remove and replace the Executors of a Will
- Applications to the Court to rectify or interpret Wills after a person’s death
- Disputes between Attorneys appointed under Lasting Powers of Attorney (LPAs)
- Dealing with claims against Attorneys and Deputies brought following investigation by the OPG
- Claims to remove an appointed Attorney or Deputy or to challenge their appointment in the first place
- Issues arising through the Court of Protection and Deputyship issues.
Fiona worked as part of our Private Client department since joining the firm in 2016 before commencing her training contract in 2018. Over the previous twelve months she has undertaken seats in our Residential Conveyancing and our Alternative Dispute Resolution departments.
Fiona is currently part of our growing Contentious Probate Team and is enjoying this niche area of law and its collaborative nature of resolving the issues at hand.
Supervisor: Nicola Parr
- Qualified as a Solicitor in 2020
- Law LL.B (Hons) from University of Lincoln
- Completed her Legal Practice Course at The University of Law
- Joined Chattertons in 2016
- Alzheimer's Society Dementia Friend – an initiative to change the way the nation thinks, acts and talks about dementia.