Areas of Expertise:
- Claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
- Disputes regarding the validity of Wills because of lack of capacity of the deceased, undue influence, forgery, fraud or a failure to observe the required formalities when executing a Will
- Applications to the Court to remove and replace the Executors of a Will
- Applications to the Court to rectify or interpret Wills after a person’s death
- All other disputes in connection with a person’s assets and estate following their death
- Disputes between Attorneys appointed under Lasting Powers of Attorney (LPAs)
- Dealing with claims against Attorneys and Deputies brought following investigation by the OPG
- Claims to remove an appointed Attorney or Deputy or to challenge their appointment in the first place
Nicola is highly regarded for her ability to engage with clients and other professionals in a sympathetic and constructive manner and she works hard to achieve the best possible outcomes for her clients be that through formal court proceedings or through mediation.
- Law LL.B (Hons) Integrated French from Staffordshire University
- Completed her Legal Practice Course at Staffordshire University
- Associate Member of the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS)
- Joined Chattertons in 2017
- Alzheimer's Society Dementia Friend – an initiative to change the way the nation thinks, acts and talks about dementia.