Nicola qualified in 2001 and joined Chattertons in 2017 after practising for nearly 10 years at a large regional firm in Nottingham.
Nicola is an Associate Member of The Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS) and she specialises in all aspects of Contentious Probate and Contentious Court of Protection work including:
- Claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
- Disputes regarding the validity of Wills because of lack of capacity of the deceased, undue influence, forgery, fraud or a failure to observe the required formalities when executing a Will
- Applications to the Court to remove and replace the Executors of a Will
- Applications to the Court to rectify or interpret Wills after a person’s death
- All other disputes in connection with a person’s assets and estate following their death
- Disputes between Attorneys appointed under Lasting Powers of Attorney (LPAs)
- Dealing with claims against Attorneys and Deputies brought following investigation by the OPG
- Claims to remove an appointed Attorney or Deputy or to challenge their appointment in the first place
Nicola also deals with disputes in connection with the financial aspects of NHS-funded care.
Away from the office, Nicola enjoys spending time with her family and watching them play a number of different sports, travelling, gardening and cooking.