Qualifications: Law LL.B (Hons) Degree, Nottingham Trent University
Having raised three children, Paula decided to train to enter the legal profession as a mature student. She obtained a First Class Honours Degree in Law at Nottingham Trent University before joining Chattertons in 2006.
As a solicitor in our Wills, Trusts and Probate team, Paula deals with a variety of issues, including:
- Comprehensive Inheritance Tax planning
- Will drafting, incorporating complex issues such as business property and trusts
- Dealing with all aspects of probate matters, including advice to clients when an individual has died without leaving a Will
- The drafting of powers of attorney and comprehensive ongoing advice to those acting as attorneys
- Court of Protection applications, not only when appointing a Deputy to look after an individual’s affairs, but on behalf of existing Deputies when advice from the Court is required
- The preparation of annual reports to the Court for existing Deputies
- Advice in relation to care home fee funding
- Advice in relation to the gifting of property and its possible ramifications
Paula has many links with the local community and is a member of and the Press Officer for the Rotary Club of Newark.
Outside work, Paula enjoys cycling, walking, water-skiing, and looking after her horse.