Managing your affairs during the Covid-19 Crisis - the right time is now
- AuthorFlorence Gardner
The current Covid-19 pandemic has caused many of us to reflect upon our own mortality and the need to manage our own affairs. During these difficult times, many of us have also found ourselves with time that we have never had before.
It is often the case that making a Will or Lasting Power of Attorney is delayed during our busy lives. Therefore, this is certainly a good time to make sure your affairs are in order as we are all given the opportunity to reflect during the current lockdown.
At Chattertons, we are committed to helping you manage your affairs to provide you with peace of mind during this period of uncertainty.
With the help of our technology and communication systems we can provide you with advice quickly, efficiently, and remotely. We are able to offer appointments by telephone, or where possible by video call, so that we can provide the necessary advice whilst adhering to the current social distancing guidelines.
To take proactive steps to manage your affairs during this difficult time, you may wish to consider: -
Making a Lasting Power of Attorney
- Have you made Lasting Powers of Attorney for your property and financial affairs and health and welfare, to appoint an attorney if ill health or lack of capacity means you are unable to make your own decisions?
- If you already have a Lasting Power of Attorney in place, are your attorneys still the people who you would like to act on your behalf, and are there any additional wishes or instructions that you wish for your attorneys to follow?
Making a Will
- Do you have a Will in place and is it up to date?
- If you already have a Will, consider whether the right executors and beneficiaries have been appointed? Do you need to appoint a guardian for your children aged under 18?
- Is now the time to review your family’s exposure to inheritance tax on your death?
We know that these are uncertain and worrying times for everyone, but please rest assured you can depend on us to support you.
If you would like to take these proactive steps to manage your affairs, our Private Client Team are very much open for business and able to provide the necessary advice and take your instructions.
Please contact your local Chattertons Private Client Department for more information.
You may also be interested to know that we have a Wealth Management Team that can review any investments and pensions you have and also advise on equity release should this be of interest.