Residential Purchase Pricing
No residential property is exactly the same as another, so our fees will reflect the particular requirements of your purchase. For example, dealing with a listed building will, because of the added complexity, usually cost more than dealing with a house that was built, say, 15 years ago. Because of this, we can't give you a precise estimate of the cost of us helping you with your purchase until we have details of your intended transaction and your chosen property.
We charge fees in bands based on the value of the property being bought and our fees for a residential freehold conveyancing purchase start from £600 plus VAT (at 20% this is £120) making a total of £720.
Our average charge for a freehold house purchase that does not have unexpected complications is just over £750 plus VAT (at 20% this is £150) making a total of £900. Of course if your transaction does have unexpected complications we will always inform you of that as soon as we become aware of the situation and would fully discuss the potential consequences of that with you before incurring any extra charges.
This is an example of a quote for a Purchase of £280,000.00
VAT on Legal Fee:
Telegraphic Transfer Fee:
Land Registration Fee:
*Stamp Duty Land Tax @ 3%:
*Stamp Duty Filing fee
*Stamp Duty is currently on hold but this fee will be chargeable for any properties purchased after the government have reinstated Stamp Duty Land Tax.
What our fee includes
- Straightforward Money Laundering ID checking
- Straightforward source of funds compliance work
- Issuing guidance notes
- Receiving contract papers and investigating title
- Raising enquiries with your seller's conveyancer
- Issuing you with a report on the papers we have received
- Confirming the terms of one mortgage offer (if appropriate)
- Carrying out appropriate searches
- Reporting to you the result of our pre-contract searches
- Advising on the issues relating to jointly owned property (if appropriate)
- Preparing transfer documentation
- Preparing mortgage documentation (if appropriate)
- Dealing with the legal documentary requirements of your mortgage lender (if appropriate)
- One attendance on you, or appropriate letter depending on geographic distance, to have documentation signed
- Provision of our written Conveyancing Report
- Dealing with exchange of contracts and setting completion date
- Accounting to you
- Dealing with completion arrangements
- Keeping you and the estate agent reasonably informed of progress
- Unless otherwise agreed completion of the SDLT Return and making payment of SDLT due
- Dealing with registration formalities of the Land Registry
- Preparing a final report to you and your mortgage lender (if appropriate).
- Specialist tax advice, third party costs including all search fees
- Stamp Duty Land Tax
- Land Registry and other fees for copy documents and Land Registry registration fees
- Defective title indemnity insurance premiums.
- Bank transfer costs
To calculate the exact amount of Stamp Duty Land Tax please visit H M Revenue and Customs Stamp Duty Land Tax Calculator
Additional charges will apply for:
- Unregistered titles
- Leasehold transactions
- Help to Buy
- Defective titles
- Freeholds with management companies
- Declarations of Trust
- Transfers of Part
- Gifted deposits
- Second charges
- Occupiers' consents
- Lifetime and Help to Buy ISAs
We have an experienced team who understand the stress involved in buying your property. Our approach is simple – we provide a first-class service from our expert team who make the difference by taking the stress away from you and dealing with all the details of your transaction on your behalf.
We know that communication is key, especially when dealing with the complex issues that can sometimes be involved with leasehold property. Our team is highly experiences and have the legal and technical “know how” to resolve any issues as they arise in a professional and efficient manner, but also have the people skills to ensure you are kept informed of everything you need to know in plain English.
You will have the confidence that you are our priority, with our aim being that any member of the team is available to speak with you when you need some clarity and certainty at any stage in the process. We feel this provides reassurance and gives you an outlet for any concerns that you may have.
We realise that this is potentially the biggest investment of your life and we not only want to provide the first-class service you deserve, but also real value for money with no hidden fees.