Clinical Negligence Solicitor 1-3 years PQE - Sleaford/Flexible
We are a leading "Top 200" Law Firm and provider of wealth management services, based in Lincolnshire and across the Midlands. Established in 1856, we are considered to be one of the oldest law firms in the UK.
We are a forward thinking, progressive and dynamic organisation. As part of our continuing growth plans, we are currently seeking to recruit a Clinical Negligence Solicitor. We are recognised in the Legal 500 for our expertise in this field.
Some of the great benefits that we offer are:
- Generous holiday entitlements
- Staff discount on legal fees
- Income protection
- Life assurance at 3 x salary
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible Working
We have an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Negligence Solicitor to work alongside a very experienced Partner, assisting on complex Multi Track cases, whilst developing your own caseload of Fast Track claims. We handle a wide range of cases including serious birth, brain and spinal injuries through to claims arising from delayed cancer treatment and surgical errors. You will be a confident, proactive and structured individual who will be experienced in handling a range of Fast Track clinical negligence claims - ideally from inception to conclusion - under supervision. You will be familiar with: funding options (including CFAs, BTE and ATE insurance); the Protocol and CPR; managing medical records and imaging; instructing experts and counsel; ADR; and the latest developments relating to fixed costs.
In addition, you will work with the Department’s Marketing Policy to promote and enhance the good reputation and business of the firm.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide an ongoing service to existing clients;
- To work with Partners and Fee Earners to develop new business;
- Develop and enhance the department;
- To produce fee income in line with targets and agreed objectives;
- To keep informed of all changes in the Law and Practice in own area of work
- Maintain and enhance up to date legal skills.
- Financial control with particular regard to cash flow control through collection of monies on account and billing procedures.
- Perform fee-earning work accurately, reliably and in accordance with the Company’s quality and risk procedures.
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday 9am – 5.15pm (36.25)
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Qualified Solicitor (1-3 years PQE)
Experienced in Clinical Negligence.
Good computer literacy, including knowledge of case management systems.
Ability to work with confidence, managing own caseload.
Strong planning and organisational skills.
Clear understanding of Money Laundering Regulations and Solicitors Account Rules.
Marketing and business development.
Presentation and public speaking skills.
Excellent communication skills.
Ability to create and nurture relationships with key clients at all levels.
Desire to provide a high quality service.
Ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines.
Excellent written and numeracy skills.
Proactive and positive attitude.
Reacts well under pressure and able to work to deadlines.
High level of integrity and empathy.
Hardworking, proactive and positive attitude.
A client following.
Please email your CV and covering letter to the HR Department: email@example.com
Chattertons recognises that it is essential to provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination. The firm has an Equality and Diversity Policy and this sets out the firm’s position on equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is available upon request.