Experienced Private Client Solicitor or Legal Executive - Sleaford
You will be a confident, proactive and structured individual who will be experienced in a broad range of matters, to include, but not limited to, the following:-
- Preparation of Wills, including those utilising trusts to assist with more complex family situations;
- IHT/CGT Planning;
- Preparation of Powers of Attorney to include registration of EPAs and LPAs;
- Court of Protection practice;
- Administration of taxable and non taxable estates;
- Identifying trust administration requirements.
In addition, you will work with the Department’s Marketing Policy to promote and enhance the good reputation and business of the firm.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide an ongoing service to existing clients;
- To work with Partners and Fee Earners to develop new business;
- Develop and enhance the department;
- To produce fee income in line with targets and agreed objectives;
- To keep informed of all changes in the Law and Practice in own area of work
- Maintain and enhance up to date legal skills.
- Financial control with particular regard to cash flow control through collection of monies on account and billing procedures.
- Perform fee earning work accurately, reliably and in accordance with the Company’s quality and risk procedures.
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday 9am – 5.15pm (36.25)
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Qualified Solicitor/Legal Executive
STEP Qualified or desire to qualify.
Experienced in all mainstream private client matters to include, Wills, Powers of Attorney and mental capacity issues, Tax Planning, Estate Administration and identifying the benefit and use of Trusts.
Good computer literacy, including knowledge of case management systems.
Experience with one or more of the following:-
High value net worth clients.
Ability to supervise others.
Ability to work with confidence, managing own caseload.
Strong planning and organisational skills.
Clear understanding of Money Laundering Regulations and Solicitors Account Rules.
Ability to identify and deal with clients who may have issues with mental capacity.
Marketing and business development.
Presentation and public speaking skills.
Excellent communication skills.
Ability to create and nurture relationships with key clients at all levels.
Desire to provide a high quality service.
Ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines.
Excellent written and numeracy skills.
Proactive and positive attitude.
Reacts well under pressure and able to work to deadlines.
High level of integrity and empathy.
Hardworking, proactive and positive attitude.
A client following.
Please email your CV and covering letter to the HR Department: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chattertons recognises that it is essential to provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination. The firm has an Equality and Diversity Policy and this sets out the firm’s position on equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is available upon request.