Family Law Solicitor or Legal Executive - 1-3 years PQE - Stamford
We are a leading "Top 200" Law Firm and provider of wealth management services, based in Lincolnshire and across the Midlands. Established in 1856, we are considered to be one of the oldest law firms in the UK.
Some of the great benefits that we offer are:
- Generous holiday entitlements
- Staff discount on legal fees
- Income protection
- Life assurance at 3 x salary
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
We have an excellent opportunity to join our Family Department.
You will be a confident, proactive and structured individual who will be experienced in a broad range family/matrimonial law, to include, but not limited to, the following:-
- Divorce and separation
- Financial matters/proceedings following divorce and separation
- Private law Children Matters
- Pre-marital and post-marital agreements
- Cohabitation agreements, separation agreements
In addition, you will work with the central Marketing Department to promote and enhance the good reputation and business of the company, build relationships and client base.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide an ongoing and excellent service to existing clients;
- To work with Partners and Fee Earners to develop new business;
- Develop and enhance the Family department;
- To produce fee income in line with targets and agreed objectives;
- To keep informed of all changes in the Law and Practice in own area of work
- Maintain and enhance up to date legal skills.
- Financial control with particular regard to cash flow control through collection of monies on account and billing procedures.
- Perform fee earning work accurately, reliably and in accordance with the Company’s quality and risk procedures.
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday 9am – 5.15pm (36.25)
Qualified Solicitor or Legal Executive
Some knowledge of mainstream family matters to include, Divorce, Private Law Children Matters and Financial Proceedings.
Good computer literacy, including knowledge of case management systems.
Experience of working on Family cases.
Ability to work with confidence, working towards managing own caseload.
Able to work with Senior Family Partner to develop skills.
Strong planning and organisational skills.
Some understanding of Money Laundering Regulations and
Solicitors’ Account Rules.
Computer literacy and ability to prepare own documents.
Marketing and business development.
Presentation and public speaking skills.
Excellent communication skills.
Ability to create and nurture relationships with key clients at all levels.
Desire to provide a high quality service.
Ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines.
Excellent written and numeracy skills.
Proactive and positive attitude.
Reacts well under pressure and able to work to deadlines.
High level of integrity and empathy.
Willingness to learn the range of Family Law work.
Hardworking, proactive and positive attitude.
Please email your CV and covering letter to the HR Department: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chattertons recognises that it is essential to provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination. The firm has an Equality and Diversity Policy and this sets out the firm’s position on equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is available upon request.