Litigation Executive/ Solicitor/ Legal Executive - Newark
We are a leading "Top 200" Law Firm and provider of wealth management services, based in Lincolnshire and across the Midlands. Established in 1856, we are considered to be one of the oldest law firms in the UK.
Some of the great benefits that we offer are:
- Generous holiday entitlements
- Staff discount on legal fees
- Income protection
- Life assurance at 3 x salary
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
To be successful in this role you will be a confident, proactive and structured individual who will be experienced in a broad range of matters to include, but not limited to, the following:-
- To handling a mixed caseload of Civil Litigation matters;
- Proven ability to generate work and convert quotations;
In addition, you will work with the Department’s Marketing Policy to promote and enhance the good reputation and business of the firm.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To generate new work and provide an ongoing service to existing clients;
- Develop and enhance the Personal and Business Dispute Resolution Department, maximising cross referrals across all offices and areas of the business;
- To produce fee income in line with targets and agreed objectives;
- To keep informed of all changes in the Law and Practice in own area of work
- Maintain and enhance up to date legal skills.
- Financial control with particular regard to cash flow control through collection of monies on account and billing procedures.
- Maintaining accurate daily records of time spent on client and internal work.
- Perform fee earning work accurately, reliably and in accordance with the firms’ quality and risk procedures.
Hours of Work: 09.00 – 17.15 hrs – Monday to Friday (36.25 hours per week).
Salary: Dependent upon experience
Experienced Litigation Executive, Legal Executive or Solicitor
Previous experience of SOS Connect or a case management system.
Previous experience of managing a busy caseload.
Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines
Positive and flexible approach
Please email your CV and covering letter to the HR Department: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chattertons recognises that it is essential to provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination. The firm has an Equality and Diversity Policy and this sets out the firm’s position on equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is available upon request.