Trainee Paralegal/Paralegal - Lincoln
We are a leading "Top 200" Law Firm and provider of wealth management services, based in Lincolnshire and across the Midlands. Established in 1856, we are considered to be one of the oldest law firms in the UK.
We are a forward thinking, progressive and dynamic organisation. As part of our continuing growth plans, we are currently seeking to recruit a Trainee Paralegal or Paralegal for our Private Client Team, based at our Lincoln office.
Some of the great benefits that we offer are:
- Competitive Salary – dependent upon experience
- Generous holiday entitlements
- Staff discount on legal fees
- Income protection
- Life assurance at 3 x salary
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
The ideal candidate will have a real passion for Private Client work and a good level of knowledge and/or experience in this area. Strong research skills are essential.
You will be a confident, proactive and structured individual who will become involved in a broad range of matters including:-
- Preparation of Wills;
- Preparation of Lasting Powers of Attorney to include registration of EPAs and LPAs;
- File opening administration;
- Estate Administration including visiting properties;
- Trust Administration;
- Dealing with initial enquiries;
- File Closures.
In addition, you will work with the Company’s Marketing Team to promote and enhance the good reputation and business of the Company.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide an ongoing service to existing clients.
- To work with Partners and other Fee Earners to develop new business.
- Develop and enhance the Private Client Departments, maximising cross referrals across all offices and areas of the business.
- To produce fee income in line with targets and agreed objectives.
- To keep informed of all changes in the Law and Practice in own area of work.
- Maintain and enhance up to date legal skills.
- Financial control with particular regard to cash flow control through collection of monies on account and billing procedures.
- Maintaining accurate daily records of time spent on client and internal work.
- Perform fee earning work accurately, reliably and in accordance with the Company’s quality and risk procedures.
- Maintain and record the appropriate information in the wills and deeds store.
Hours of Work: 9.00 am - 5.15 pm. Monday - Friday (36.25 hrs per week)
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Fully IT literate.
Word processing skills.
Clear understanding of confidentiality/Data Protection.
Previous experience of SOS Connect.
Previous experience within a legal setting.
Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Structured and organised.
Excellent telephone manner.
Proactive and tactful.
Supporting and highly efficient.
Willing to be flexible with the demands of the company.
The ability to travel between Chattertons offices and attend out of office appointments therefore full driving licence and access to car
Please email your CV and covering letter to the HR Department: email@example.com
Chattertons recognises that it is essential to provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination. The firm has an Equality and Diversity Policy and this sets out the firm’s position on equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is available upon request.