INCREASES TO MINIMUM WAGE AND OTHER STATUTORY PAYMENTS
From 1 April 2017, the following minimum wage increases are due to take effect:-
- for workers aged 25 and over the national living wage increases to £7.50 per hour (up from £7.20)
- for workers aged 21 to 24 the rate increases to £7.05 per hour (up from £6.95);
- for 18 to 20-year-olds the rate increases to £5.60 per hour (up from £5.55);
- for 16 to 17-year-olds the rate increases to £4.05 per hour (up from £4.00);
- the apprentice rate increases to £3.50 per hour (up from £3.40); and
- the accommodation offset increases to £6.40 a day (from £6.00).
On 2 April 2017, the standard rates for statutory maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental pay will rise to £140.98 (or if lower, 90% of the person’s average weekly earnings), up from £139.58. Statutory sick pay will rise on 6 April 2017 to £89.35, up from £88.45 in 2016/17.
For further information about these rates and how they could affect you or your business, please contact a member of Chattertons’ employment team.