Wealth Management Complaints Procedure
We are committed to providing a high quality service to all our Clients. When something goes wrong we would like you to tell us about it. This will help us to meet your dissatisfaction and to improve our service to all Clients.
We would like to deal with complaints as soon as they arise so if you have any problems please contact the person dealing with your case and they will do their best to resolve your issue within 3 business days. However, if this is not possible or you wish to make a formal complaint about Chattertons Wealth Management Ltd, please contact our Compliance Director Amy Urquhart. Her details are:
Chattertons Wealth Management Ltd - Compliance Director
9 Broad Street
Alternatively you can contact her by email Amy.Urquhart@chattertons.com. We would prefer to receive your complaint in writing or by email in order that we can review the issues in full. If this is not possible you may telephone with details of your complaint.
To help to understand your complaint, and in order that we do not miss anything, please tell us:-
- Your full name and contact details
- What you think we have got wrong
- What you hope to achieve as a result of your complaint
- Your file reference number (if you have it)
If you require any help in making your complaint please let us know. Our Compliance Director will be responsible for investigating and handling your complaint. They may use discretion to involve other senior members of staff in the investigation and handling of your complaint.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT?
- Once your complaint has been received, we will send you a written acknowledgement and this Procedure as soon as possible (no longer than five working days of receiving your complaint) whether made verbally or in writing.
- We may ask you to confirm or explain the issues of your complaint in more detail.
- We will confirm the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint.
- We will record your complaint in our central register to include your name, your file number, and the issues you are complaining about and what (if anything) we are going to do to resolve them.
Our investigation in to your complaint will involve one or more of the following steps.
- Reviewing your file.
- Asking the member of staff who acted for you for further information
- Asking you for further information.
- Reviewing all of your issues and providing you with a final response on the outcome of each issue and how we intend to resolve your complaint.
We will do all of these things as quickly as possible and we aim to complete our investigation and give you a response within 8 weeks. If this is not possible we will explain why.
THE FINANCIAL OMBUDSMAN SERVICE
If you are not satisfied with our final response, you may contact the Financial Ombudsman Service. You can contact the Financial Ombudsman Service:-
- By post at Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR
- By telephone 0800 023 4567
- By email email@example.com
You must allow us to investigate the complaint first then you have the right to refer the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service within six months from the time when you receive a written response to the complaint from us. Outside this time period the Financial Ombudsman Service has the discretion whether to review your complaint or not. Under certain circumstances however you can refer a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service within 6 years from the act/omission occurring or within 3 years from when you should have reasonably known there was cause for complaint. The Financial Ombudsman Service's website is www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/
If we take more than 8 weeks to resolve your complaint, you may refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service without waiting for our final response, although you may choose to wait for our final response in any event as this may be helpful. If we have to make a significant change to any of our timescales mentioned above, we will let you know and explain why.
We will not charge you for handling your complaint. The Financial Ombudsman Service is also free of charge.
FINANCIAL CONDUCT AUTHORITY
Chattertons Wealth Management Ltd is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and they can help you if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic. You can raise your concerns with them by visiting their website at www.fca.org.uk
Please note that all complaints that fall within the scope of the Financial Conduct Authority complaint rules will be reported to the Financial Conduct Authority on an annual basis. These will be broken down according to complaint category, generic product type, the number of complaints closed by the firm, and the number of complaints that were outstanding at the end of the reporting period.