Area of Expertise: Stuart regularly advises on most areas of company and commercial law including:
- Company share sales and acquisitions, reorganisations and buy-backs, including management buy-outs and buy-ins
- Business (asset) sales and purchases
- Business finance and security (for both lending institutions and businesses)
- New company and business set-ups
- Shareholders' and Joint Venture Agreements
- Articles of Association (for both commercial and not-for-profit companies)
- LLP Agreements
- Partnership Deeds
- A wide range of commercial contracts including: Terms and Conditions for the supply of goods and services (both business-to-business and business-to-consumer), Out-Sourcing Agreements, Agency Agreements and Landowners' Collaboration Agreements (for property development).
Stuart has considerable experience of serving the needs of a wide range of commercial clients over the last 29 years including owner-managed businesses, SMEs, private companies, LLPs and partnerships.
Stuart comes from a commercial dispute resolution background; while he no longer practises as a contentious lawyer, he brings this experience to advising his commercial clients on how best to avoid and resolve disputes within their businesses.
Supervisor: Edward Conway
- Degree: Bachelor of Laws (LLB), Birmingham University
- Solicitors' Finals Exams: The College of Law, Guildford
- Articled Clerk (Trainee Solicitor): Eversheds, Birmingham
- Qualified as a solicitor in 1991
We would like to express our appreciation to Stuart Newell of Chattertons (Lincoln office) for his excellent work, kindness and professionalism when dealing with the sale of our business. We thought the process would be simple and had not considered all the implications that could occur.
Stuarts diligence and patience helped us through the many problems and we would have no hesitation in recommending him to others and it goes without saying we would definitely use him again
Richard Brighton and Jane Renfrew