Licensing Week 2018
Did you know that this week is ‘Licensing Week’? The Institute of Licensing is promoting awareness of how much licensing there is around you, perhaps without you even realising.
Most people will be aware that anything to do with alcohol, gambling and taxis involves licensing, but did you know that the following activities also have to be licensed?
- A day out at the zoo, watching a film at the cinema, or enjoying a show at the Theatre
- Taking a holiday at a caravan or camping site
- Sending children to school in a taxi or pre-booked private hire vehicle
- Donating money to a high street/house to house charity collector
- Visiting a local market or car boot sale
- Employing a professional pet sitter to look after your pet while you are away on holiday
- Taking part in a raffle or playing bingo
- (if you are more trendy than me) getting a tattoo or body piercing!
Licensing Regulation is there to protect people and animals.
If you have any queries about licensing matters, please contact the Licensing Team at Chattertons.