Election Manifesto Review: Labour party
- AuthorNatasha Halliday
The Labour party has published it 2019 Election Manifesto. The Employment related pledges in the document include:
- A Nation Living Wage of at least £10 for all workers ( including those under 21)
- The creation of a "Ministry of Employment Rights" , to ensure that workers are represented at cabinet level in a Labour Government
- A ban on zero hours contracts
- An increase in the time period for Statutory Maternity Pay from 39 weeks to a full year.
- Changes to Trade Union legislation
- Paid leave for survivors of domestic abuse
- Introduce BAME pay gap reporting obligation and increase the scope of the gender pay gap reporting obligation
- Introducing sector wide collective wage bargaining
- Making all employment rights "Day 1" rights
- Extra protection for pregnant, menopausal and whistleblowing employees
- Keeping the Employment Tribunal system free.