Good Divorce Week 2020
- AuthorLuanne Morton
The 30th November 2020 sees the start of the annual Good Divorce Week. Each year Resolution raises awareness of their members and the work that they do while upholding the Resolution Code of Practice.
Resolution is a community of family justice professionals who are committed to working with individuals and families in a constructive manner. All Resolution members have signed up to a Code of Practice, this code means that Resolution members will aim to manage and reduce conflict and confrontation between separating couples and support parents and families in prioritising the interests of the children and their welfare. Resolution members are committed to following a non-confrontational and constructive approach to resolving issues that may arise and consider the needs of the whole family.
Members of Resolution have campaigned tirelessly for more than 30 years for the introduction of a no-fault divorce. As a result of their efforts and commitment to end the blame game and assist families in achieving amicable agreements, the Divorce, Dissolution and Separation Bill received Royal Assent in June 2020. It is hoped that no-fault divorces will start to take place in 2021.
All of our family lawyers at Chattertons Solicitors are members of Resolution and have subscribed to the Code of Practice. This means that you can expect us to:
- Listen to you, be honest with you and treat you with respect.
- Explain all the options and give you confidence to make the right decisions.
- Help you focus on what’s important in the long-term.
- Help you balance financial and emotional costs with what you want to achieve.
- Work with others to find the right approach and the best solutions for you.
- Manage stress in what can be an already stressful situation.
If you would like any further advice regarding divorce, or any other family law issue, please contact a member of our specialist Family Law Team.