Residential Conveyancing - 5 Reasons why you should use your Local Law Firm.
- AuthorHonor Ireland
Whether you have just bought a brand new house or you have just sold your whole property portfolio, there is always that imminent question - ‘Who will you be instructing for your conveyancing?’
There is no denying that buying and selling properties can be some of the most stressful times in your lifetime. Choosing the right legal representation can make a huge difference to the entire transaction and it has never been more important to get it right. The difficult part is deciding who to instruct when there are so many different options out there.
There are many benefits to using your local high street firm rather than an online lawyer. Here are the top five reasons why you should use your local firm for conveyancing:-
- Local Experience. A local conveyancer will have further knowledge on the area and may have even acted on multiple houses on the same street as yours. This can have be a huge advantage in the conveyancing process as they will be able to anticipate problems and, more importantly, have the solutions at the ready.
- Local Contacts. Similarly, a local conveyancer will have already established relationships with other professionals in the area (such as Estate Agents, Mortgage Brokers, Surveyors etc) which can come in handy and usually result in getting fast and accurate updates throughout the chain during the course of the transaction. If you require any advice on any other professional services, your local conveyancer will be able to recommend the best local experts.
- Transparency. When you ask for a quote from your local law firm, you will receive a clear and concise quote which will include the costs for everything from legal fees to searches to stamp duty. Many online firms will provide an extremely competitive initial price but will add on all sorts of extras during the transaction. Using your local conveyancer will ensure you have a firm understanding of what will be due on completion which will help when budgeting for the all-important move!
- Speed. If you need documents quickly or to sign documents as part of an urgent transaction, how will you manage this with an online firm? Rely on ‘snail mail’? With a local firm you can collect or drop off documentation when best suits you. Even when your conveyancer is in another appointment things can be given/left with the reception team. Similarly, if the office is closed – put it through the letter box on your way home. This way you can ensure that any delay is not with you and you can be one step ahead of the game.
- Personal Contact. With online conveyancing, the only contact you may have with your point of contact could be via email or telephone – if even you wanted to meet they may be based hundreds of miles away. When using your local firm, you can make as many appointments as you need to see your conveyancer. It’s a lot easier to run through parts of the transaction you are unsure of face-to-face and even easier when you can pop in on your weekly shop! You will not be treated as ‘just another file on the end of the phone’ and your experience will be tailored to suit your needs as an individual.
We understand that the legal process in buying and selling a house is something that we do day in day out but to clients the whole process may seem alien. We are here to help where we can to make these transactions as easy for you as possible and to ensure that you have the best possible experience with us
If you have any queries or wish to discuss your transaction with your local Conveyancer, please contact us.