Personal Wealth Management Advisors in Boston
Whether you are thinking about retirement planning, life insurance, investing your wealth, or planning for Inheritance Tax, our specialist personal wealth management advisors have extensive experience assisting clients plan, preserve, and accumulate their personal wealth.
We have an enviable reputation for our leading personal wealth management services in and around Boston. Unlike other firms offering wealth management advice, we have our own in-house team of financial advisors. However, we don’t offer any products ourselves, allowing us to provide completely independent and reliable advice on all your wealth management options.
How our personal wealth management advisors in Boston can help you
We can offer insightful and practical advice across all areas of personal wealth management, including:
- Inheritance Tax planning
- Retirement planning
- Income Tax planning
- Wealth management reviews
We can talk you through the range of potential investments and discuss your personal financial goals, requirements, and risk appetite at length in order to provide you with a bespoke investment solution which is right for you. Our investments expertise includes:
- Stocks and shares
- Unit trusts and open-ended investment companies (OEICs)
- Onshore and offshore investments
- Investment bonds
Our in-house investment committee consistently monitor and research the investment market and meet quarterly to review our clients’ portfolios. We also provide tailored tax planning advice to ensure your investments are as tax-efficient as possible.
Inheritance Tax planning
If Inheritance Tax is likely to affect your estate after you die, our personal wealth management advisors can help you explore options for minimising your estate’s liability, allowing you to leave as much as possible to your loved ones. Our Inheritance Tax planning service includes advice on:
- Making use of current allowances, reliefs, and exemptions
- Tax-efficient Wills, such as leaving the entirety of your estate to your spouse or civil partner
- Transfers of equity
- Lifetime gifting
- Making use of your pension as an investment solution
- Life insurance
- Discounted gift trusts
- Leaving gifts to charity
Retirement planning and pensions
The earlier you start planning for your retirement, the easier it will be to achieve a long-term income which is suitable for your needs and lifestyle. Our retirement planning and pensions expertise includes:
- State pension advice
- Personal pensions
- Self-invested personal pensions (SIPPs)
- Lifetime allowances
- Equity release
- Annuity purchase
- Flexible drawdown
- Income drawdown
We understand how important it is for your family to be provided for in the unfortunate event of your death. We can provide extensive advice on all types of life insurance policy, including:
- Increasing cover – to keep your family protected as living costs increase.
- Decreasing term cover – to cover the remainder of your mortgage if you die before it’s paid off, with the amount of cover decreasing as you pay off your mortgage.
- Level term cover – a fixed term policy which lasts for a certain amount of time which will only pay out if you die within the term.
- Critical illness cover – if you become ill and unable to work, a critical illness plan (which can be taken out with or without a life insurance plan) will usually pay out a lump sum.
- Family income benefit – a fixed term policy which helps replace your family’s regular income for the remainder of the policy in the event that you die during the term.
Wealth management review
Due to the often-changing nature of investments, taxes, laws, and regulations, it is beneficial to regularly review your wealth management plan and adjust it where necessary to maximise your wealth accumulation or preservation.
As well as our initial advice service, we offer ongoing support and guidance on your personal wealth management plan and provide tailored advice on the best way to proceed to achieve your financial goals.
Why choose our personal wealth management advisors in Boston?
At Chattertons, we specialise in providing wealth management advice to individuals and businesses across Lincolnshire and the East Midlands.
We have a strong track record of forming close bonds with our clients and local communities, enabling us to truly understand their needs and motivations, and provide perfectly tailored advice to help them achieve their personal financial goals practically, efficiently, and cost-effectively.
Our team includes qualified Independent Financial Advisors, including our CEO of Wealth Management, Richard Ludlow (who is also a qualified solicitor), and Scott Wiseman who is based at our Boston office (but also provides services in Spalding).
Our firm is a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), signifying our expertise in family inheritance and succession planning.